We are currently recruiting for the role of Chargehand Linesman which will be field based. The main purpose of this role is to work in a team to achieve delivery to time, safety regulations, quality standards and project specification. The role reports directly to Supervisor.
Principle Accountabilities / Objectives:
• Install, build and refurbish overhead lines up to 33kV.
• Carry out all work in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of Freedom and its customers.
• Maintain and develop own competence in accordance with legislative changes and customer requirements.
• Provide guidance to and work as part of a team to ensure the safe, effective and efficient implementation of Freedom’s operations.
• Convey any instructions or messages to team members as directed by your Manager.
• Provide guidance on and monitor your team’s approach to safety rules and procedures.
• Liaise with third parties to ensure the smooth implementation of work.
• Maintain awareness of and conform to Freedom’s SHE policy and issued safety instructions.
• Maintain site safety at all times and complete daily risk assessments where required.
• Conform to all instructions stated in method statements and risk assessments.
• Ensure that accidents and near misses are suitably reported.
• Report any concerns regarding SHE to the SHE team and your Manager.
• Implement and adhere to Freedom’s QUOSH values.
• Complete all work to high standards.
o Freedom Driver Permit/Driving Licence
o First Aid
o Manual Handling
o Working at Height
o Winch Operation
o IPAF 1b MEWP Operation
o IOSH Working Safely
o NRSWA Operative
o City & Guilds 2322
o Chainsaw Certification
o DNO Authorisation (up to 33kV & Live Line Working, Polarity Training, Sub-Station Entry)
o Safe Digging Techniques
o Environmental Awareness
o CDM Awareness
o Risk Assessment Training
o Safety Marshall Training
o Preferably Apprentice Trained
o Freedom Supervisor Training
• Minimum 5yrs practical of Overhead Lines works up to 33kV.
• Sound knowledge of Health & Safety and its practical implications.
• Strong Communication skills.
• Excellent team worker
Job Reference: FR727
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.