HV DESIGN ENGINEER
We are looking to recruit Electrical Design Engineers to join our Freedom Power Solutions team to support the electrical design of our renewable energy projects throughout the UK.
Base location is flexible and this key role will require occasional travel to Freedom offices and client locations across the UK with the occasional overnight stay. We therefore, require that candidates can be flexible. FPS offices are currently based at Barrow, Birmingham and Woolpit.
This is an opportunity to join a thriving contracting business specialising in the design, delivery operation and maintenance of all renewable installations including wind onshoe and offshore, hydro and solar in addition to contestable connections associated with these. We also work on many private network installations throughout the UK.
We are interested in receiving applications from experienced High Voltage Electrical Design Engineers with knowledge and experience in the following areas;
- Electrical substation design.
- Project equipment (Transformer, switchgear, circuit breakers etc) specification and procurement.
- Producing technical scope of works and specifications documentation
- Producing conceptual and detailed designs in accordance with customer specifications.
- Protection design and co-ordination.
- Wind farm design and coordination
- Additional technical experience that would be advantageous for this role includes;
- Experience of fault protection and network modelling software
- Experience in carrying out earthing measurements and producing earthing designs using GROD or CDEGS.
- Experience of network planning.
Your responsibilities will include the following;
- Design preparation against client requirements.
- Providing technical support to sales teams
- Supporting estimating teams with outline tender designs
- Supporting project teams with project delivery
- Support operational staff, answering technical queries.
-Support with liaising with internal and external clients to answer technical queries.
Rewards and Benefits
The working environment is very friendly relaxed and will give the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects within a very experienced and capable team. The Key package benefits include;
- Flexible and family friendly hours
- Market leading salaries
- Annual performance reviews
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Personal development and training plan
- Company car or car allowance
Freedom has a policy of training our staff to develop the needs of the business and to suit individual needs. Staff appraisals will be made to develop staff accordingly.
Job Reference: FR763
Email CV to email@example.com
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.