BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We are recruiting a Business Development Manager to manage all business development activities for Freedom Network Services.
• The position reports to Business Development Director of Freedom Network Services
• Maintain and develop existing and customer framework agreements through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods. The aim is to extract maximum value from these framework agreements via the intended services and leveraging that position to get additional services at higher margins
• Develop new service/product/customers including Distribution and Transmission Network Operators, Network Rail, National Grid, TFL, CrossRail, Nuclear Sector and, Power Station owners
• Work very closely with the Bid Manager to ensure all tenders bids are delivered on time to exceptional standards of quality
• Provide up to date market pricing information to the Back Office Manager on a regular basis
• Assist Procurement Team in the development of a supply chain to deliver bids and contracts
• Marketing and advertising and promotion planning
• Arranging and delivering successful customer hospitality events
• Sales organisation planning and development
• Self-development and continuing personal development
• Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
• Promote Freedom/Enserve cross selling and promote inter-business relationships
• Use and accurately maintain Freedom CRM tool for customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems
• Monitor market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information to Performance Manager
• Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
• Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
• Carry out Customer surveys.
Health, Safety and Environment:
• Recognition of the importance of a good HSE record as a great sales tool
• Take reasonable care of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions
• Ensure there is prompt recording and investigation of all accidents and near misses
• Deal with any concerns regarding Safety, Health or the Environment.
Planning and organising:
• Establish and develop operational management structure to meet on-going needs of the business
• Organise personal workload to maximise effective use of time
• Allocate work to others in order to ensure the maximum utilisation of expertise within the business
• Ensure all Freedom Group work is planned and organised to the benefit of the business
• Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities including exhibitions
• Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
• Carry out effective management of all direct reports
• Work alongside other members of the management team to ensure the effective delivery of targets
• Communicate effectively with all staff and ensure that team briefings and other communication channels are fully effective
• Ensure all people in the business are treated in a fair and equitable way in accordance with the Freedom Group equal opportunities policies and such policies.
• Recognition of the importance of a good quality system and track record as a great sales tool
• Ensure Freedom Group’s operational processes and procedures are fully suitable and compatible with the needs of the business
- High levels of sales in a very competitive utility environment
- Detailed understanding of DNO/TNO type clients drivers and needs which includes the Regulatory Framework they operate under
- Sufficiently technically knowledgeable to be credible in front of DNO/TNO managers many of whom will have a technical background
- Experienced in managing large budgets over geographically dispersed regions
- Ability to work in a dispersed geography
- Track record of opening doors and getting meetings with the right, influential people.
- Commercial acumen/nouse – ability to see what the big picture is and take advantage of that
- Attention to detail and ability to close things out
- Excellent team working skills
- Confident and assured presenter in front of Senior Manager and Directors of target organisations
- Exellent financial and organisational skills
- High level Computer literacy.
Job Reference: FR772
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.