REGIONAL DIRECTOR (NORTH)
Freedom has now brought together all aspects of their Private Networks (all non DNO) electrical activity under one Business – Freedom Power Solutions. These services are to be regional and customer focussed.
Each area will require an exceptional Regional Director to work with the Managing Director and his team to deliver Customer and Shareholder excellence in their specific Region.
This is a challenging, interesting, hands on role with the key responsibility of managing all aspects within the designated Regions. Main duties include:
- Setting and Managing the budget for the Region.
- Maximize the growth of the Freedom portfolio in Region
- Be the Freedom Representative in Region responsible for
*Delivery of Business and Customer excellence
- Maintain the professional image and values of the Company and uphold policies in line with the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety and Environmental Systems.
Role Specific Activities:
• Assisting the Managing Director in overseeing all the diverse aspects of the business
• Ensure all contracts operate and comply with health, safety and environmental legislation
• Ensure all contracts and the business as a whole meet budgetary targets and cash targets
• Ensure year on year business growth
• Operational performance
-Ensure all contract targets achieved in accordance with client expectations
-Ensure relevant contract KPIs are met and set internal KPI’s for the business performance
-Ensure productivity improvements realised to assist in year on year efficiencies
• Commercial / Financial performance
-Ensure budgetary performance
-Ensure robust cost control procedures are implemented
-To assist Contract management team realise year on year cost savings
-To ensure measures in place and reported on to demonstrate cost savings delivered
-To ensure structure in place to harness a mentality of continual improvement through innovation
-Ensure Business strategy is communicated and mechanism / structure implemented to ensure delivery
-Ensure robust people processes implemented and complied with
-Ensure continual development of relevant contract staff
• Communications and reporting
-Ensure mechanisms in place
• Client relationship management
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development
• Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
• Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
• Liaise with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary operational development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organisation
• Contribute to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance in co-option with the executive team
• Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
1. Work co-operatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively, setting and managing the goals of the team and Company.
2. Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with the Managing Director when adverse factors are anticipated or encountered.
3. Ensure you show a duty of care and take appropriate action to comply with health & safety requirements at all times.
4. Act as an ambassador for the company at all times.
5. Work economically and effectively.
6. Required to be environmentally conscious in all activities.
The activities and accountabilities outlined cannot totally encompass or define all tasks which may be required of the post-holder. The outline given above, may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing the character or level of responsibility relevant to this post.
Key Success Factors:
• Improved efficiency within the Company
• Managing the team to encourage teamwork, innovation, problem solving, valuing and supporting others
• Have a track record of strategic and operational achievement
• Be commercially aware.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- be computer literate and possess a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel & Word
- have good communication skills and be confident enough to liaise with other employees, clients and suppliers
- be self motivated, adaptable and versatile. They must be able to manage departments and possess first class management and people skills; providing the team with sufficient skills and support to ensure standards are maintained and their personal development goals are achieved
- be an excellent communicator with first rate presentation skills, able to build and develop relationships with all employees, Board of Directors and external stakeholders
- be commercially aware and have a track record of strategic and operational achievement.
The job holder would ideally have a well rounded background
which includes a knowledge of employment law, contract law, dealing with bankers & financiers and insurance requirements.
The post holder will be required to develop and hold strong working relationships with employees of Freedom Power Solutions and EnServe at all levels and with clients, suppliers and all other external stakeholders. They will provide a point of management contact for all financial and administration enquiries.
Job Reference: FR776
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.