SALES TARGETING MANAGER
Freedom has brought together all aspects of the DNO/TNO electrical activity under one Business - Network Services. This business has a dedicated Business Development Team.
A Critical Success Factor for NWS is to develop sufficient market intelligence to target our sales force effectively.
A further Critical Success Factor for NWS is to track, record and accurately report on all Business Development activity so the investment is justified.
You will work between the Business Development Front Office which is responsible for lead generation and bid management (the completion of all tenders and PQQs) and the Back Office which is responsible for estimating and risk management.
Role Specific Activities:
- The person will manage the Business Development targeting activity
- The main role is to provide sufficient information on required tender volumes and areas or activities we need to target to maximize the opportunity for NWS
- This will be done by:
o Dynamic calculation of tender sales and margin win rates
o Dynamic calculation of tender volumes required to achieve NWS budget
o Identifying the sweet spot in terms of Clients/Activity/Geography we should be hitting
- The person will manage the Business Development forecasting activity, specifically:
o Sales order receipt pipeline
o Forecasting of calendarised sales deriving from future order wins
- The person will manage the Business Development reporting activity
- These reports will ultimately be included in the EnServe board meeting pack so a very high standard of written work and attention to detail is required
- The activity being reported on is
o Sales order receipt
o Sales pipeline report
o Competitor activity
o Client activity
o Market intelligence
o Business Development activity (clients seen, to be seen)
- Other duties will include:
o Marketing activity
o CRM tool implementation
1. Implement an effective and strategic sales targeting operation for Business Development activity throughout NWS
2. Work co-operatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively, setting and managing the goals of the team
3. Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with the Business Development Director
4. Act as an ambassador for the company when dealing with Customers.
The activities and accountabilities outlined cannot totally encompass or define all tasks which may be required of the post-holder. The outline given above, may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing the character or level of responsibility relevant to this post.
Key Success Factors:
• Through careful analysis we consistently go for the right opportunities that deliver the best chance of success at required margins
• Business Development is well reported on and people recognise the success and value being added
• Forecasting of future order wins and sales is accurate and reliable
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* be computer literate and possess a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel, PowerPoint & Word
*have good communication skills and be confident enough to liaise with other employees, clients and competitors
*be self motivated, adaptable and versatile. They must be able to manage their own workload and manage priorities; you will often working to tight deadlines especially when involved in tenders so a can-do attitude is essential
*be an excellent communicator with first rate presentation skills, able to build and develop relationships with all employees, Board of Directors and external stakeholders
*be commercially aware, be very comfortable working with spreadsheets and have a track record of success working to tight deadlines.
The post holder will be required to develop and hold strong working relationships with employees of NWS and EnServe at all levels and with clients, suppliers and all other external stakeholders.
Provide a point of contact for all Business Development activity.
Job Reference: FR781
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.