GRADUATE ENGINEER (POWER SYSTEM)
British Power International is a well-established UK company active in the electricity utility sector with a highly skilled and qualified staff. Our two main business streams offer a wide range of expertise from transmission and distribution design to consultancy in the UK, Middle East and Asia. The power systems team carry out network studies in renewable grid connection projects, typically covering power systems analysis and grid code compliance assessment of wind farm and photovoltaic power plants.
We are looking to recruit Graduate Electrical Engineers to join our Warrington or Colchester based power systems team to support senior engineers in the delivery of 11 kV to 132 kV network analysis studies for UK customers.
BPI can offer an accredited training scheme from the IET under reference number 1943.10.PD so that we can train graduates and assist them in gaining chartered status within the electrical power industry.
The role will require travel to other BPI offices and client site locations across the UK with overnight stays where necessary. We, therefore, expect our candidates to be flexible.
There is potential for overseas postings which will provide an excellent training opportunity.
We are interested in receiving applications from Graduate Electrical Engineers; the following attributes are essential:
• Enthusiasm for the job
• Ability to work either alone or as a part of a team
• BSc or MSc degree in electrical engineering
• Strong problem solving ability
• Excellent attention to detail
• Commercial awareness
• Good verbal communication skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Willingness to work in a very disciplined environment.
• Load flow, short-circuit, harmonic, transient stability, voltage regulation, cable sizing and optimisation and power factor improvement studies for renewable grid connection projects
• Transmission and distribution system studies
• Wind farm and substation earthing design studies
• Protection co-ordination studies and relay setting calculations
• Conceptual and detailed design of networks, substations etc.
• Management of non-complex projects
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Performing system studies to meet client’s and Distribution Code/Grid Code requirements
• Producing simple and conclusive technical reports
• Carrying out detailed design work for wind farm connections and distribution substations including plant specifications
• Supporting senior engineers in the delivery of their projects and ensuring that work is delivered within time and budget and to the customer’s expectations
• Supporting operational staff and answering technical queries
• Liaising with internal and external clients and suppliers to answer technical queries
Rewards and Benefits
The working environment is relaxed and will give the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects within a very experienced and capable team. The key package benefits include:
• IET Accredited Training
• Flexible and family friendly hours
• Market leading salaries
• Annual performance reviews
• Company contributory pension scheme
• Private medical insurance
• Personal development and training plan
BPI has a policy of training its staff as engineers or management professionals.
Staff assessments will be made to develop staff accordingly.
Job Reference: 786
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.