We are recruiting a Senior Authorised Person (SAP) within Network Services for the Switchgear Contract in Yorkshire & NE England.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of Freedom and its customers
- Maintain own competence in accordance with legislative changes and customer requirements
- Provide the electrical expertise necessary to facilitate projects and co-ordinate safe and effective programmes
- Plan outages and produce switching programmes and liaise with System Control
- Make dead, isolate and earth high voltage electrical networks
- Facilitate a safe working environment during high voltage working
- Identify and release apparatus to be worked on by issue of Safety Documents and Permits to Work
- Carry out high voltage testing and fault location
- Reenergise the network on completion.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure that employees on site conform to Freedom’s SHE policy and issued safety instructions
- Implement Freedom’s, and its customers' safety rules, instructions, standing orders and procedures
- Prepare files for projects in accordance with Freedom policy and in compliance with the CDM Regulations where required
- Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out at all stages of a project (design, planning, generic and daily on site) in accordance with Freedom standard on Risk Assessment
- Ensure that all statutory records, certificates, licenses, notifications and notices are in place
- Ensure that accidents and near misses and suitably reported, recorded and investigated and that remedial action is carried out promptly
- Report any concerns regarding SHE to the SHE team and your Regional Manager.
Planning & Organisation:
- Take overview of work activities to be completed and plan accordingly with Project Manager for effective and timely completion of work
- Assess safety/site in advance and conduct necessary preliminary work
- Liaise closely with Line Manager to understand and manage priorities arising
- Ensure that sites are managed in accordance with Freedom policies and procedures
- Provide cost value reconciliation for projects/contracts
- Complete records in an accurate and timely manner. E.g. as builts, work record sheets.
People / Team work:
- Work as part of a team to ensure safe, effective and efficient implementation of Freedom’s operations
- Liaise with employees and control centres to organise shutdowns and Permits to Work
- Liaise with appropriate people to ensure the smooth running of projects, e.g. site managers and supervisors, subcontractors, clients, customers, landowners, suppliers and colleagues
- Contribute to wider team: advise, share knowledge and experience based on expertise.
- Implement Freedom’s approach to quality in all you do
- Complete all work to high standards
- Identify and implement areas of improvement in Freedom’s processes and operations
- Ensure working practices and processes are followed.
Technically qualified with a HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
Certificated in the following areas:
Electricity at Work
SAP - Authorisation
Experience of working on projects in the construction or electricity industries
Experience of working on electricity networks and the associated rules and regulations.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Sound knowledge of H&S and its practical implications
Sound knowledge of Distribution Safety Rules and their application
Knowledge of CDM regulations
Computer literate – skilled in MS Office applications.
Job Reference: FR817
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.