We are recruiting HV Jointers within Network Services for the Switchgear Contract in Yorkshire & NE England, based in Newton Aycliffe and Normanton. The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager.
• To joint electricity cables and carry out associated activity including installation and de-installation of underground cables up to 20kv
• Follow all published guidelines, standards, policies and procedures to ensure satisfactory completion of work
• Maintain and develop competence level and technical skills to ensure delivery to high standards
• Attend training as required to maintain knowledge and application of systems and procedures
• Deliver scheduled/unscheduled work to time and standard in accordance with instructions.
Health and Safety:
• Maintain awareness of Freedom’s Health & Safety policy and rules and keep up to date on changes that impact your role
• Adhere to the Safety Rules, instructions and standing orders of Freedom and its customers
• Complete and record risk assessments as instructed
• Take reasonable care or yourself and others who may be affected by your actions
• Promptly record all accidents and near misses
• Report any concerns regarding Safety, Health or the Environment to your supervisor
• Use all machinery, equipment, substances, transport and plant appropriately and in line with company guidance.
Planning and organising:
• Take overview of work to be completed planning relevant activities to time, and with the best use of resources in accordance with job instructions
• Plan ahead to ensure that appropriate materials, equipment etc are available to complete the job
• Maintain in good working order issued vehicles, tools and equipment
• Complete appropriate paperwork accurately and to time, including written risk assessments, site measurement and work record sheets.
• Take responsibility for your team whilst on site to ensure the safe, effective and efficient implementation of Freedom’s operations
• Carry out tasks as required by your supervisor
• Actively contribute to your team, sharing knowledge and experience, monitoring progress and providing support for others
• Provide direct supervision for trainees in your team
• Liaise with colleagues across Freedom’s organisation to ensure effective completion of tasks
• Represent Freedom to customers and individuals from other companies
• Liaise with the public to ensure smooth implementation of work, always handling people with respect and patience.
• Aware of Freedom’s approach to Quality and how this applies to your role
• Complete all work to high standards
• Identify and recommend improved ways of doing things
• Ensure working practices and processes are followed
Certificated in the following areas:
• First Aid
• Manual Handling
• C.A.T. and genny
• Driving (to requirement)
• Hand digging
• Working with or near plant
• IOSH formal training
The following additional certificates are desirable:
NRSWA, cable winching & abrasive wheel
Experience or competence in all or some of the following:
cable jointing on LV, 11kV, 20kV, live jointing and LV linking without supervision
Sound knowledge of H&S and Risk Assessment
Job Reference: FR818
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.