We are recruiting Jointers Mates within Network Services for the Switchgear Contract in Yorkshire & NE England based at Newton Aycliffe & Normanton. The successful candidates will report to the HV Jointer.
• Assist in jointing of electricity cables and associated activity including installation and de-installation of underground cables, digging holes, backfilling and reinstatement.
• Follow all published guidelines, standards, policies and procedures to ensure satisfactory completion of work
• Acquire, maintain and develop competence level and technical skills to ensure delivery to high standards
• Attend training as required to maintain knowledge and application of systems and procedures.
• Work to agreed targets to deliver scheduled/unscheduled work to time and standard in accordance with instructions, reporting any concerns to your supervisor.
Health and Safety:
• Maintain awareness of Freedom’s Health & Safety policy and rules and keep up to date on changes that impact your role
• Adhere to the Safety Rules, instructions and standing orders of Freedom and its customers
• Assist with completion and recording of risk assessments as instructed
• Take reasonable care of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions
• Promptly record all accidents and near misses
• Report any concerns regarding Safety, Health or the Environment to your supervisor
• Use all machinery, equipment, substances, transport and plant appropriately and in line with company guidance.
Planning and organising:
• Take overview of own work to be completed and plan relevant activities to time in accordance with job instructions
• Work with team to plan ahead so that appropriate materials, equipment etc are available to complete the job
• Maintain in good working order issued vehicles, tools and equipment
• Complete appropriate paperwork accurately and to time, including written risk assessments, site measurement and work record sheets.
• Work as part of a team to ensure the safe, effective and efficient implementation of Freedom’s operations
• Carry out tasks as required by your supervisor
• Actively contribute to your team, sharing knowledge & experience and providing support for others
• Liaise with colleagues across Freedom’s organisation to ensure effective completion of tasks
• Where required represent Freedom to customers and individuals from other companies
• Liaise with the public to ensure smooth implementation of work, always handling people with respect and patience.
• Aware of Freedom’s approach to quality and how this applies to your role
• Complete all work to high standards
• Identify and recommend improved ways of doing things
• Ensure working practices and processes are followed
Certified as competent in:
• Emergency First Aid
• Safe digging
• Manual handling
• Plant operation (if required)
• Working knowledge of H&S and Risk Assessment
• Authorisation of host network operator (if required).
Current Driving Licence
Completion of formal mate’s course.
Job Reference: FR819
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.