SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (HV)
To provide high voltage electrical design and implementation engineering services to the major investment project team at NIFES Consulting Group.
Principal Accountabilities / Objectives:
Develop implement high quality cost effective designs in support of major energy centre projects in the public and private sectors.
Ensure effective and safe implementation of design solutions.
Job Content / Main Tasks:
1. Evaluate and propose potential development routes for customer high voltage distribution systems.
2. Prepare concept designs and electrical budget estimates for feasibility studies.
3. Negotiate parallel running agreements with regional electricity companies ensuring G59 compliance
4. Prepare detailed HV designs for embedded CHP generation projects
5. Prepare detailed designs and strategies for the development and operation of onsite customer HV networks.
6. Write tender specifications for implementation of design solutions
7. Review and prepare risk assessments and method statements for site HV works
8. Overview and coordinate site HV works and sign off completed installations
9. Investigate HV equipment and system failures and report recommending corrective actions
The successful candidate ideally will have:
1.Specialist qualifications relating to high voltage electrical distribution sy stems
2. Experience in practical HV system design
3. Have operated as an authorised person for high voltage systems.
4. Be qualified as an electrical engineer to degree standard or equivilent
5. Strong written and face to face communication skills
6. Provide leadership in high voltage system engineering for NIFES Consulting Group
7. An understanding of National Health Service Technical Memorandums (HTM’s)
1. Altrincham head office based;
2. Some site inspection/survey work across the UK and Ireland.
Job Reference: 829
Email CV to email@example.com
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.